Transactional Analysis is a favourite communications tool for coaches worldwide. Miriam Orriss, has studied and practised TA for over 25 years, beginning with a 6-year course in TA at Metanoia, London. Miriam has particular skills in supporting coaches who wish to develop their practice through the TA lens. She is a Director of the Coaching Supervision Academy and she has taught the TA component on the EMCC/ICF accredited CSA supervision diploma for many years. Her supervisees’ benefit hugely from her in-depth understanding of TA and her long experience as a coach supervisor.
This is a unique offering and a unique opportunity; if you already have some experience as a coach and would like to know how to use TA in your practice, this is a great opportunity to work with an expert in the field of both TA and supervision.
Participants on the course will increase their skills in the following areas using a case study focus, and key TA concepts:
- Contracting – spot contracting, multiparty contracting
- Creating the working alliance
- Getting to know your client
- Getting to know yourself
- Working with ‘difficult’ clients
- Using the Karpman Drama Triangle
- Recognising and resolving the ‘games people play’
- Learning about scripts and how to support your client to resolve them
- Learning about what drives your clients.
- Communication and dialogue skills through using the 3 ego-states
- Using TA to resolve ‘critical moments’ in coaching.
- Reflecting skillfully on your coaching sessions
If you would like to join this small group – max 5 – please email Miriam at: firstname.lastname@example.org The group will start in September, will meet for one and a half hours per month, for 6 sessions. Times will be arranged with the group.
Cost £65 per session – total £390
Co-Founder and Operational Director Coaching Supervision Academy